Monday 8 November 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I'm writing this post on a cold, wet November morning, and my mind cannot help but cast ahead to my trip. When I began my planning, summer seemed a good idea for several reasons. And at the time, my reading on Japan was not that large. So here I was thinking to go in Summer would be good, saving luggage space because I'd be warm and dry.
Then my reading continued, and it dawned on me. Far from being the hot and dry summer months that we have here in England (with any luck), no, Summer in Japan is the rainy season, or tsuyu. 
It's going to be hot and wet, as perfectly explained in Good Morning Vietnam:




I've seen videos on youtube and travel documentaries, and I can only come to one suitable conclusion about the rain in Japan. I am going to drown.

Until next time, さよăȘら
203 days, 21 hours 44 minutes and 25 seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, the video was supposed to be the bit from Good Morning Vietnam with Roosevelt E. Roosevelt, but I couldn't upload the video, sorry folks. Here's a link instead:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwsyU0PD1zc

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5k1srAk_M a link showing what the rain in Tokyo can be like. I don't know if this is typical or more severe, but still. Music makes for a relaxing video too.

    ReplyDelete