Friday 8 July 2011

Interim blog 12/06

3 days ago I bought a guitar, entirely on a whim. I am very prone to impulse buying. Unfortunately this isn’t very healthy when you’re on a tight budget. The guitar I bought is a pretty nice one, a Yamaha ¾ size acoustic. It cost me ¥15,500 (eek!). Obviously I realised that this was a silly purchase. So today I tried to return the guitar, but it turns out the shop doesn’t do returns (or the man just didn’t understand me, which seems likely). So that sucks. I went to another music shop I saw nearby, and enquired as to whether they buy guitars. They do (yay!), but will only pay ¥5,000 for it. This means I would lose a large ¥10,000 (of course you can figure that out for yourself). I now have 3 options: find a better deal at a different shop (does Japan have pawn shops)?), sell the guitar for the low ¥5k, or try and busk my way out of this debt. What would you do in this situation? I think I might try the busking thing for one night, and see if I bring in any cash at all. Maybe being gaijin will help me out this time!!

(N.B. I didn't try busking, and I'm pretty sure I would have been largely ignored.)

No comments:

Post a Comment