Friday 8 July 2011

Tu - 14/06

The morning of the 14th I didn’t do too much, not because I was hungover surprisingly. I got up late, now that my body clock was fixed, then decided to go see a temple in Gion with Sally, a girl from California. The temple has a ¥500 entry fee, but I would pay that to see some of the artwork they have inside. Demons and dragons, very intricately painted.  We didn’t get to the temple until 4.30, as Sally had work until 2 and then we went to lunch with Saskia before she left for Osaka. By the time we got the temple, it would shut in half an hour, so we had to see the whole temple as quickly as we could. After seeing those temple grounds, we walked up to a Shrine only a couple of blocks from there, which had more of a park around it. We didn’t spend too long there as there wasn’t much to see. That night I think I spent at the hostel just relaxing. Sorry for the short post, but I didn't do a lot on this day. So I'll put a few more photos instead!




No comments:

Post a Comment