Tuesday 10 May 2011

Before You Leave

These are just a few thing I have learnt while passing time before I leave, and I give you this advice from my own experiences.


  • Before you start your gap year, consider carefully what you want to do. You'll have an entire year, make the most of it. By the time I leave, I will have spent about 9 months working nothing. It has been boring. Do as much as you can!!

  • Start saving now! I'm pushing the budget now, because I didn't start seriously saving until January. The minute you decide to travel, start saving, even if you don't know where you;re going yet.

  • Learn the language. My biggest worry when I get to Japan is that I won't be able to speak to anyone, and I'll end up lost and hungry. I know basically no Japanese beyond the very basics. So start learning now!!

  • Start planning as soon as possible. That way you can set yourself goals for money, and you know what you'll be doing/seeing/sleeping.

  • Have fun! Especially before you leave. Obviously the trip will be the time of your life, but don't let before that put it down!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment