Tuesday 10 May 2011

Getting There & Back Again

A quick note before I start: flights are one of the most expensive things you will be paying for, so choose carefully. Also, look into any extras you can get like I did. And finally, keep in mind that not all seats are released at once, so the flight you saw two days ago probably won't be there again. If you see something exceptionally good value, book it immediately!

Getting to China
For a start, you need a visa to visit China. For information on getting a Chinese Visa, click here.
Now, to get to China, I am flynig with Air China. My flight departs from London Heathrow at 20:25 on the 27th of May, and lands at Beijing Capitol at 13.30 the next day (Ed.- all times are shown as local times). I think it's around an 8 hour flight, but I can't figure it out exactly due to the time differences.

Getting to Japan
Still flying with Air China, my flight leaves Beijing Capitol at 09:25 on the morning of the 1st of June. A few short hours later and I'll arrive in Tokyo Narita Airport at 13:55.

Getting Back Home
I have a two part journey back home, firstly to Beijing again and then back to London. I leave on the 29th of July
Firstly, my flight to Beijing leaves at 09:00 from Tokyo Narita, landing in Beijing at 11:55. I only have a couple of hours here, and my visa will have expired anyway, so I'll stay in the airport for this wait.
At 13:30 I jump on another flight, then straight through to London Heathrow, landing in Blighty at 17:45.

Costs & Other Details
All of my flights were included in one big package, and the total came to £596.73. The 4 nights in Beijing only cost me an extra £50.
I'm going to be travelling light, as my flights only allow me 20kg of baggage.
And as far as I can tell, I do get some food on the longer flights, though I don't know what it will be. But I love airplane food anyway :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment