Wednesday 11 May 2011

Nara

After Kyoto I hit Nara, only a short train ride away. I have slightly less time in Nara than other cities, only 6 nights this time. I'm taking this week as a relaxation period, or I'll try to. I want to hang around in parks and the country, and generally get away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. With some of the biggest parks and oldest temples, I'm sure I can find somewhere.
In Nara I'm staying at a small hostel which is a renovated traditional house. It's called Yuzan Guesthouse, and this time I'm in an 8 bed dorm. It's pretty expensive in here, but was actually the cheapest in Nara, at ¥2500 a night.
<-- See, old house!
<-- the dorms.
<-- and the garden!
Sorry, I wanted to post a couple of pictures here as it looks so nice and... quaint.

Go to http://www.yuzanguesthouse.com/english

I'm in Nara from the 16th to the 22nd of June

No comments:

Post a Comment