Sunday 22 May 2011

So I never quite got there.

I've mentioned many times before that my goal was £4,000 to take away with me. But unfortunately this was easier said than done. In the end, I'll be taking some £3,500 with me. I got pretty close, but not quite what I wanted. I'll just have to go without food a few days, eh?
I can't tell you the exact amount I think I'll have, because it changes every time I look, but £4,000 was around my estimate. So I hope not having that extra £500 won't hurt me too much. Unless, of course, I have a wealthy and very generous reader out there willing to donate... No? Didn't think so.
My Chinese money came through yesterday, so I picked that up from the Post Office. It was £211 for ¥2000CNY. And I have a sneaky suspocion this will be more than enough for my 4.1 days in China (yes, 4.1. I'm not counting day 5 a I'll be flying out at 9am.


Anyway, that was my slightly disappointed update for today, but on the bright side, in less than one week I'll be in Beijing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment